I am a distance student. This does not mean that I hang out in my pajamas all day, but...well, nearly. I believe at one time that I could have been called fashionable. I'm pretty sure lately I would be mistaken for a bag lady except for the iphone incessantly playing lectures and the two year old I'm chasing after.
The thing is, I used to enjoy shopping. A lot. But suddenly I find that the adorable sweatshirt that costs $50 is $25 too much for me to justify. And the Banana stuff I want can be procrastinated until I can make my way to the outlets. In general though, I just don't find as much that I consider really desireable. It's like my fashion sense was stolen and I'm only now realizing that it's missing. Either that or the fashions today just aren't as exciting. I do think I've seen some stuff at Anthropologie that I like, but there again the prices just don't seem reasonable. I want Walmart prices (love to hate it) for Lauren style, REI durability, eco-friendly manufacturing, and (I think this is the kicker...) ultimate comfort, all delivered to my door and perfectly flattering without having to even try it on. Yeah.
So I usually end up wearing the pants that are most comfortable (not tight, but don't fall off my non-existent rear/hips), the shirt that is easiest to wash in the next round of laundry, and flip-flops. Throw on a mismatched sweatshirt.
It's not just a wardrobe issue. I wear my glasses because I'm too lazy to put the contacts in every day, and too wimpy to make the decision to just get Lasik already (but it's so FINAL, and leaves a flap...). My mani/pedi looks like I'm a medeival slave. I haven't had a haircut in at least 8 months, and it's so long it's always in a ponytail anyway. I have wrinkles coming on that make me look like I'm nearly 40 now. Sometime soon I'm going to have to make some changes. But I don't think that day is today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment